Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewinac
Level 7

amazon prime menu problem

Hi-
I have a Roku streaming Stick (purple),and have had no issues until recently.  When I open Amazon Prime, I get the main screen with all of the TV,Movies,different Genres, Things I've watched, etc.  The problem is that all of the icons are grey, no pictures, so I cannot navigate around and choose a movie or tv show. The icons are in the shape of a TV screen.   If I hover over one of the grey icons, a text box will usually appear and let me know what show is associated with it, and I can open it and watch a show.  I have a really old Roku on another tv and have no problem in Amazon Prime with that one, so I know the fault is with Roku and not Amazon.  I've tried deleting the app and reloading it, problem still persists. 
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
lewinac
Level 7

Re: amazon prime menu problem

BTW, I have no problem with any other app, Netflix etc are fine.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Did you power cycle the Roku after removing it but before reinstalling? if not, the uninstall was not successful.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
lewinac
Level 7

I'll give that a try.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
jagreenough
Level 7

I’ve seen that sometimes. Try hitting the home button when it’s in that state, then go back.
0 Kudos