Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frjimt
Level 7

after commercials, ap closes....

since the sept 22nd update, as soon as commercials (e. g. 1 of 7, 1 of 4) end, the ap closes? wtf... have to go back in... another reason why roku sucks & you have no choice but to go back to cable
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kshu18
Level 8

Re: after commercials, ap closes....

I get a black screen after ads and wheel keeps spinning.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

And exactly which channel/app are you referring to? No one can offer any suggestions without knowing some details. Depending on the channel, it might not be anything Roku can control.

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Kshu18
Level 8

It was animal planet channel. Would play fine, then when ads come on, some ads would play, some would be black. Then when last ad is finished, screen goes black again, then the spinning wheel pops up, and keeps spinning. It's not hdmi cable, it's not tv and it's not internet. We have xfinitys fastest.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

That channel was not created or supported by Roku. You need to contact the developer, which I would guess is the Discovery network. I have no idea how to contact them, but on Monday one of the forum admins can probably offer a suggestion. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
frjimt
Level 7

you guys are not responding to my inquiry but to another who posted it on my query...
i was watching fox sports & every time they went to a commercial, after the 1 of 7 commercials it kicked us back to the main screen...
0 Kudos
Kshu18
Level 8

What streaming channel that happen on? Mine was you tube tv
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Thank you both for responding with the channels that you experienced the problem with. The forum admin would have asked you for that on Monday, so I just saved him the time. I think with YouTube TV there might be a known issue, but @RokuTannerD  or @RokuDanny-R should be able to answer better Monday.

Dan
Kshu18
Level 8

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the resolution switching around during ads. Maybe I should try setting it off auto resolution and see what happens
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 8

I can tell you Fox jumped ship from Sling this past week and took its sub channels also temporarily. Fox want more money from streamers and that may be the problem.

Also the buffering "circle" problem is better if you set Roku settings to 720 resolution.

0 Kudos