Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpertuz1
Level 7

add Disney +

Hi. I have the Roku "Streaming Stick +" everything works fine.

But I realize that I cannot install Disney +.

I tried from the Web and from the device and it does not come out. From the Web the button to add Channel is not enabled.

I'm in Venezuela. has something to do with it? of the rest everything else I see without problems. Netflix etc.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: add Disney +

Venezuela is not a Roku supported region, so Disney would have to allow their channel/app on Roku in the entire world and they don't seem willing to do that.

0 Kudos
jpertuz1
Level 7

1)  You said:  Venezuela is not a Roku supported region.  

why?  Currently I can use my roku without problems. I have netflix as well as other channels and it works without problems. I don't understand when you say that roku is not supported for Venezuela. none application will not work or at least Netflix which is the one I use the most.

2) You said:  so Disney would have to allow their channel/app on Roku in the entire world and they don't seem willing to do that.

why?  I currently have a Disney + account. and I enjoy a service that I am paying for. I see it through PC or Lapto (google chrome).

If your theory of the Disney blockade in Venezuela were true, I could not even see Disney + as I currently see it from my PC, laptop or tablet.

I do not use any proxy or anything, It is a legitimate connection from Venezuela.

So it is better to say that: Roky does not allow Disney + to be installed for Venezuela and not that: Disney + blocked Venezuela.

But I'm going to rule that out right away. As? Sailing from Venezuela in a US link and we will see and Roku allows me to install Disney+. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Think what you want, but you're wrong.

0 Kudos
jpertuz1
Level 7

the wrong one is you.

you answer without grounds.

Please, if you don't know, don't answer.

0 Kudos