Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

activation codes for channels

Jump to solution

every now and then certain channels that i have already unlocked, are all locked again, and have me go and put in an activation code. it does get frustrating and was just wondering if there was something i could do?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: activation codes

Jump to solution
Those channels that you subscribe to via a subscription to another service (cable, satellite, etc) may periodically require you to login with that service's credentials to confirm your subscription is still in force.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: activation codes for channels

Jump to solution

This is likely beyond Roku's control and it may change at any time given the policy of the third party service.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 19

Jump to solution
Those channels that you subscribe to via a subscription to another service (cable, satellite, etc) may periodically require you to login with that service's credentials to confirm your subscription is still in force.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

thank you for taking your time to help me out, much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution
Glad to help.
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too had this question. Thank you for the information. It would be helpful if Roku could develop a database of approved channels so we didn't have to do this, but other than this it works great. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

This is likely beyond Roku's control and it may change at any time given the policy of the third party service.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

This has to be the number one deficiency with Roku service.  We have two Roku devices, and with multiple channels having their own activation codes, we are constantly entering authorization codes.  It seems once a connection has been established that this-Roku-device can be connected to this-Provider-account.  Whenever the is used to view a channel, verify the account again behind the scenes .

And besides, we've had to enter codes in periods of less than  two weeks.    Come on.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

On a second TV with Roku, I'm trying to activate the Tennis Channel which is included in my Comcast Xfinity package but when I enter the code, I'm asked for a TV provider and Comcast Xfinity is not a choice. I have the Tennis Channel on another TV with Roku.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

Is there just Comcast or just Xfinity or anything similar?  Surely Comcast Xfinity is big enough to make the list.  :-)

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

All these activation codes are RUINING TV.  Go to bed tired, fire up the TV, and first thing you need to enter an activation code.  Which often leads to a cable service that requires a password.  So it's either get up, go get the password list, or say "screw it" and turn out the light.  It's enough to make one scream.  We are paying these idiot companies billions and yet they're so worried you might get to watch a movie for free because your account lapsed?  I'm calling BS, people will stop watch, stop paying because it's NOT CONVENIENT.  That's the next wave after cable-cutting.  Stream-cutting.  Because it's a hassle.  For example, why do I have to log into my home Cable when it KNOWS I'm there--I'm freaking ON it's wi-fi.  This was why Steve Job's dream was to somehow unify TV to remove all this fragmentation.  He couldn't do it, and now Apple TV is a shell of that dream....it charges you to watch stuff that's free other places.  So now, before you watch something on Apple, you feel compelled to comparison shop.  Which leave other watchers in the room fuming.  TV has degraded into a bouncy house of DRM, activation codes, and forgotten passwords.  It's a shame.

0 Kudos