Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

activating two rokus with the same channels

I bought two new Roku Ultra devices, both work very well, however, I activated box one with all the channels I regularly watch from my cable provider, I checked them they were working fine, then I set up box two with the same channels from my cable provider, I checked they were working, then I went back to box one and all the channels I had already activated were no longer activated, I reactivated one channel on box one and then checked box two the channel was deactivated now on box two. why can't I activate the same channel I pay my cable provider for on both boxes? my cable provider is suddenlink. is this a Roku issue or a cable provider issue ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: activating two rokus with the same channels

I have no such problem here with my three Rokus, but my provider is not Suddenlink.  You have to authorize each device via your Suddenlink credentials.  Perhaps Suddenlink, deliberately or inadvertantly, can only accept one linked streaming device at a time for a given channel.  (??)

At any rate since the authorization is controlled by Suddenlink, I doubt Roku will be able to answer questions on this, so you need to take your question to Suddenlink.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi