Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leehrat
Level 7

a&e networks problem

I tried the history app and the a&e app on roku  and cannot get it to play locked app.
It signs in and says success but when i try to watch it says user not authenticated.
i have deleted the apps 3 times. rebooted the roku 3 times and resigned in but still no luck.
I have this problem on all 6 of my roku's.
I have directv now and have the history and a&e channels in my package.
It signs in fine but just will not work.
I have emailed A&E networks but they have not been able to fix it yet.
any ideas or help will be great.
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: a&e networks problem

Pick one Roku to troubleshoot. Go into each of the apps in that family (A&E, FYI, History, Lifetime, Blaze, Viceland, etc.) and ensure you are signed out. You'll need to visit all related apps on that Roku.

By signed out, I don't mean you see that episodes are locked; that's the symptom. I mean use the "Sign out of your provider" link if it appears. Do this for all of those related apps. Miss one, and this troubleshooting step is invalid.

Next, remove the apps. All of those related apps.

Next, reboot the Roku.

Next, log in to DirecTV Now with a browser. Ensure you are logged in.

Next, add one of the apps. You mentioned A&E, so that's a good one to pick. Attempt to authenticate it.

Does it now work?

If not, report back where things went wrong.

If so, add back another app. And so on.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ZIKI
Level 7

I'm having a similar issue with Food Network, HGTV, DisneyNow, etc. I'm also a DirectvNow customer and this is becoming frustrating. I've been working on this all day. Deleted the apps, rebooted, signed back in, etc. Is there a Roku issue going on?? Was there an update that's causing some issues?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Could be DirecTV Now is having issues, as those other apps you mention are unrelated to the A&E apps.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

did everything you said and still same thing. it had success on computer and on roku screen but when i play any episode it says not authinticated and then logs me back out.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

I just authenticated History against Philo and am watching stuff.

That seems to indicate DirecTV Now is having the issue.

Now, if you told what it was you were trying to watch, I could confirm show/episode works on a different provider.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

on history app i tried to watch alone or mountain men.
got directv now working on it and it works fine at there location.
i have signed out of everything and directv now and still a no go when all signed back in.
my history of my roku's is i had direct until june 2017 and all worked fine.
I had playstation vue until july 2018 and they did not have the a&e networks but all others worked fine and did not have to resign in.
changed to directv now in july 2018 and have had problems on the a&e networks only. all others work for me fine.
i have about 15 watch anywhere apps that i have always had.
thanks
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"leehrat" wrote:
on history app i tried to watch alone or mountain men.
got directv now working on it and it works fine at there location.
i have signed out of everything and directv now and still a no go when all signed back in.
my history of my roku's is i had direct until june 2017 and all worked fine.
I had playstation vue until july 2018 and they did not have the a&e networks but all others worked fine and did not have to resign in.
changed to directv now in july 2018 and have had problems on the a&e networks only. all others work for me fine.
i have about 15 watch anywhere apps that i have always had.
thanks

I'm watching "Alone" right now. When I selected the show, I picked the default (Play latest) and it started right up. Again, authenticated against Philo. Based on this, and your experience with Playstation Vue, I'd suggest it's something at DirecTV Now that's the problem.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

directv now is suppose to email me back with what they find out. as i said it worked for directv now when they tried it on the history app. if anyone else on here has directv now please try history app and play the alone show to see if it works and let me know. then i know it is on my end.
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

had to do factory reset on all 6 roku's one at a time and reload all the channels, resign in all and then it worked. guess it was locked up because over the last 14 months i have had 3 providers. it was a pain but it all works now. 
0 Kudos