Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJK
Level 7

Zumba channel not working

My Zumba channel was working fine last week but now it will not load.  Other Roku channels are working.  It try’s to load but then I get popped back into the channel list.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Zumba channel not working

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
NJK
Level 7

Thank you for replying.  I did do this with a Roku tech chat and it didn’t help.  Roku then told me to contact Zumba workout.  I contacted Zumba and they are looking into it

0 Kudos
Jbird79
Level 7

I've been having the same issue for the past 3 days

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @NJK @Jbird79,

Thanks for reaching to Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
NJK
Level 7

Thank you for your suggestion.  I did say in an earlier reply that I have tried this technique and it didn’t work.  I have contacted Zumba and they have put in a case order to check on it.  I have heard nothing from them so far.  

0 Kudos
Cobramerc
Level 7

I am having this issue as well and am unhappy considering I have paid content in my library. I hope this can be resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Jbird79
Level 7

I keep trying to reinstall the app without success and going directly to zumba has been difficult as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Cobramerc

Thanks for the post.

There are instances that removing the channel then adding it back in resolves the issue. Make sure to restart your Roku device before re-installing it to ensure the process is successful. Here are the instructions you can follow: 

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Jbird79

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is critical when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried it yet, we suggest giving it a shot once more then let us know if there's any difference after. You can refer to my post above for step-by-step instructions.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos