Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyleatabor
Level 7

Youtubetv

Why is the youtubetv app not showing on my roku?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtubetv

@Amyleatabor 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The most likely reason you cannot see YouTube TV in the Roku Channel Store is that the channel does not support your device.

For more information about what devices are supported by the channel, visit Youtube TV's Support page here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Clydejmorgan
Level 7

YouTubeTV app gone strangely

The YouTubeTV app disappeared from all my Roku devices.  I have had Roku + YouTube TV for several years, yet it vanished from all my Roku devices.  I read that existing customers would not lose their YouTube TV app (just not on the app store anymore)... and my friend's didn't disappear but mine did.  Now the only way to access YouTube TV is through a clunky link in the regular YouTube app.  What gives?

I have about 8 or 9 Roku devices but I really like YouTube TV.  Do I have to start shopping other devices in order to stay with YouTube TV?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTubeTV app gone strangely

@Clydejmorgan, if you or anyone else in your household removed the channel from any device linked to the same Roku account it was removed from all of them.  Sorry, but there's no way to get it back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Clydejmorgan
Level 7

Okay, thanks.  It sounds like I'll have to drop Roku and switch to other devices.  Sorry for Roku... I prefer those devices but if they want to make this about their desires as opposed to consumers, then they will likely leave many, many consumers in the same position that I'm in.

I understand that Roku disagrees with Google and Amazon regarding data usage, but most consumers really don't care and only want a good device.  By the sound of it, Roku is probably misinterpreting that.

0 Kudos
Clydejmorgan
Level 7

...and, by the way, nobody deleted the YouTubeTV app from any of our devices... it just happened.  Sorry Roku, you might be righteous, but you will lose my account if you do not come to an agreement with YouTubeTV. Simply put, I'll give up Roku, but not YouTubeTV (I love their unlimited DVR - so does everyone else I turned to YTTV and Roku... they'll be giving up Roku as well).

0 Kudos