Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YoutubeTV

Just linked my newly purchased Roku Express ro my non-smart office tv. I have a current subscription to YoutubeTV. Looks like my Roku will not let me link to it. Am I right? Preparing to return it To Amazon if it does not do it. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 17

Re: YoutubeTV

Any newly purchased Roku is capable of running YTTV.

I don't have YTTV so I can't give specifics, but there should be a way to connect it to your account.

First, install the YTTV channel app from the Streaming channels link on the left side of the Roku home screen.  This will add it to the bottom of the channel grid on the home screen.

Click on the YTTV item just added.

Once it loads there should be some way to log onto your existing YTTV account.  Look for a link saying Sign in,  Register, Settings, Your account, or something similar. (On regular Youtube, Sign in is at the top of the column on the left, so it may be similar on Youtube TV.)  Once you find the correct option, follow the prompts to authenticate with your YTTV acvount by whatever method YTTV uses.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

You should be able to link your Roku to your YoutubeTv. YTTV will ask for your YouTube credentials.

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unfortunately that is not the case. I did add the youtubeTV to the list but when I click on it it freezes the cycle and does not open and eventually goes back tot th home screen.. Does the same thing with youtube. Perhaps roku and Youtube are at war ? Tried 5 times so far. 
I should have stuck to my principle never to purchase any electronics that do not include a customer support phone number or at least a Chat!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tried again another 4 times. YTTV and YT will just not start. Mediocre product.

going back to Amazon!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Wow, that was a quick kneejerk reaction. I can assure you that as someone who has had Youtube working for several years and YouTubeTv working for 5 months, that they work fine on my Roku TV.

Perhaps you should have let someone help you more before quickly deciding to return your Roku.

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tantoon 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos