Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grimblefritz
Level 7

Re: Youtube Freeze Roku 4 (4400x) SW Ver 9.3.0 - 4132.17

Over the last couple of weeks I had also tried the uninstall/reinstall, uninstall/reboot/reinstall, and even factory reset (and subsequently un/re-installs). To no avail.

Yesterday, I said screw it and spent a couple hours working in the yard. Came back in and lo and behold problem gone!

Same OS version/build. Same YouTube release.

As a programmer and system engineer since 1982, I can promise this much: If a problem is corrected on the client side without and change to the client, then either a) the problem was on the server side (infrastructure), or b) the OS and/or client was updated without a change in the (visible) version/build/release info.

However it was done, thanks. Glad to not have stupid unnecessary delays.

Now, can we lobby to kill off those stupid, annoying, and poorly placed in-stream ads?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@grimblefritz wrote:

Now, can we lobby to kill off those stupid, annoying, and poorly placed in-stream ads?

While I completely agree, that's under the control of Google, not Roku. I'm sure they want us all to subscribe to their ad-free service to get rid of them.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FlaGOP-2020
Level 7

January 2021- YouTube freezes on startup like it did with sw ver 9.3

Tried removing the channel and resetting the Roku but still broke.

0 Kudos
grimblefritz
Level 7

Yes, I have noticed the same thing the last several days. Doesn't happen on all videos, but most of them.

0 Kudos
smokeyPete
Level 7

Holy smoke, As of Mid to Late Jan 2021 this all of a sudden started happening again?

I did the whole factory restore thing once again with zero success.

(Is this a secret plot to make me buy a new Roku?) Hmmm.....

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@smokeyPete 

Well, only if Google is the one pushing for it. Smiley Very Happy This is an issue with the YouTube channel. Roku has no control over whatever Google pushed out. It really does seem like they (Google) broke playback for any Roku older than 2016. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos