Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube Freeze Roku 4 (4400x) SW Ver 9.3.0 - 4132.17

@smokeyPete wrote:

Fair enough, so in that case can Roku or someone advise me on how to revert to a prior release of their OS? All these fancy new features are worthless to a person who watches youtube 80% of the time.

Unfortunately, there is no way for a user to roll back the OS or any installed channel to a previous version. And since you cannot disable auto-updates, it would simply update again to the latest version anyway. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
cr8fusa
Level 9

Been a fan of Roku for many years, but would get a Fire Stick until they fix these issues.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@cr8fusa wrote:

Been a fan of Roku for many years, but would get a Fire Stick until they fix these issues.

Well, this particular issue seems to only be affecting the Roku 4. None of the newer players or TVs are having issues with YouTube itself. There's a handful having issues with YouTube TV, but that's a separate channel and a different issue. 

And don't forget the little tiff that Google and Amazon got into and for a while there was no YouTube at all on a Fire TV device. Smiley Very Happy

Dan

0 Kudos
cr8fusa
Level 9

2 weeks ago it worked great, why did it suddenly go downhill?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@cr8fusa wrote:

2 weeks ago it worked great, why did it suddenly go downhill?

It most certainly could be the 9.3 OS update. Or, Google pushed a channel update out that does't like the Roku 4. The Roku 4 is unique in that it's the only model that uses a particular CPU (Sigma Designs STV7723A01), and though the Roku OS is supposed to be compatible with all of their supported hardware, someone either at Roku or Google missed something that is specific to the CPU. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Nebo1ss
Level 9

Update from 9.2 to 9.3 broke it. Mine worked well immediately before the update and then broke after the update. I think with time ROKU will figure this out and resolve it.

0 Kudos
cr8fusa
Level 9

Possible, but all my other apps (not a lot) work as before. Hope it gets fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience.

Please trying removing the channel from your device, restart your device, then add the channel back again. 

Feel free to send me a PM if you are still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cr8fusa
Level 9

Did that at least 8 times, didn't help.

0 Kudos
FlaGOP-2020
Level 7

Re: YouTube app delay, when starting videos

I have the same issue with my Roku 4 firmware version 9.3. YouTube video starts for 1 second then freezes for about 10-15 seconds before starting again. I also started seeing issues with the streaming service YouTubeTV after the update to 9.3. A lot of times when I select a channel, it says "Loading" on the screen for a lot longer time than it used to. I'm starting to get really frustrated. Roku needs to release another version soon!

0 Kudos