Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube Freeze Roku 4 (4400x) SW Ver 9.3.0 - 4132.17

@BoblK wrote:

Since I started having the trouble with release 9.3 there have been two system updates on my Roku 4.  I'm now on 9.3.0 build 4143-7.  I haven't mentioned it before, but I also use a MicroSD Card 32GB of which 6% is used.

YouTube still exhibits the same problem.  A very long pause on most channels before starting playback.

With the latest build, YouTubeTV now also exhibits the same problem.

Anyone else seeing the same issues?

Our Roku Ultra does NOT exhibit this issue.  It is still on 9.2.

Bob

I have seen that playback pause, although it's just the video. The audio begins playing immediately. I'm not certain how long your long pause is. But I have it on my Nvidia Shield, not my Roku. So it's entirely possible that it's a YouTube issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JulioM
Level 7

Having the exact same issue. Wondering when the update will come as this is really annoying. Freezes when and ad starts then finally plays after 10-20 seconds. Then it again freezes for 10-20 seconds on the video itself.  Is Roku acknowledging the problem?

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

YouTube issue on Roku 4 after OS 9.3 update

My Roku4 was updated to OS 9.3 a few days ago. So far, the only issue I have noticed is with YouTube. Sometimes, a video will not actually start. I just get the first frame. If I back out, maybe try something else, which works, then go back to the original, it will then work. I also have noticed that sometimes I get a few seconds pause after a pre-roll ad ends and the main video wants to start.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any real issues with 9.3 so far. Netflix and Amazon Prime work fine. Network (wired, not WiFi) is obviously working.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: YouTube issue on Roku 4 after OS 9.3 update

I'm seeing reports from others with similar problems with YouTube, as well as with YouTube TV, following the 9.3 update. FSTV is another one receiving a bunch of reports.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Mythicalme
Level 8

I'm having the same problem. Hopefully there is an update that fixes the problem soon. It's annoying.

0 Kudos
Nebo1ss
Level 9

This issue started immediately my ROKU updated to 9.3. Roku have confirmed the issue i have seen an OS update and a Youtube update since the issue started and neither have helped with the issue. The symptoms are consistent. Start any Youtube video and there is a freeze either on a blank screen or the first frame of the video for between 25 and 30 seconds. It is very annoying. It could be a that youtube needs an update to resolve this problem but it worked perfectly before the update to 9.3.

I just wish there was a way to decide if you want to update your device or to fall back to previous version. I had zero problems before the update.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nebo1ss @Bez @Mythicalme @andyross @JulioM @BoblK 

This issue should be resolved now.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mythicalme
Level 8

Yes. I did remove the channel, reset the Roku, then re-install the channel. This did not fix the problem. 

atc98092

@Mythicalme wrote:

Yes. I did remove the channel, reset the Roku, then re-install the channel. This did not fix the problem. 

Just to clarify, when did you do this? Danny just posted his comments less than 30 minutes ago, so it's possible the fix was really, really recent. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mythicalme
Level 8

I did it yesterday.  However, I just did it again and it did not fix the problem.