Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzmunkey
Level 7

Youtube (tv)

I've done a question about this before so it might seem like I am pulling your leg..  I have to login to my youtube account on the roku every two or three days.. I use an Express+  and it has all the updates (like that matters) it won't stay logged in no matter what I do and I got  lot of ideas from the last time and none of those worked.. Now this does the same thing on my yutube tv  app as well It can go a few more days without needing relogged in but it does the same thing  I think the last time it took maybe three more days so closer to a week.. Here is the ticker or whatever you want to call it I logged into my Youtube Tv and Youtube accounts on my smart tv and it is yet to need to be logged back in... I know what some of you will say well just use the tv then.. and I would but it has no audio out jacks on it.. I likes my music played over my sound system and therefor need to have my roku with the jacks and all...  Is there a way to have this fixed?? I mean I really think it is a roku issue..  My smart tv is a Samsung so I know from which I am talking about in this issue and my roku (s) are both Express+..  I asked my brother about his Youtube tv and says he has to loggin constantly on his.. He has an ultra so I really do think it has to do with roku more than YouTube..   and I did last time as well.. 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: Youtube (tv)

Fwiw I have two Express + and use Youtube tv and regular YouTube quite a lot on both and don't have login problems. I have had similar login problems on other channels in the past such as HBOGO and Epix, but haven't experienced it on those channels lately either. I tend to think it's just the nature of streaming, content providers don't want unauthorized use so they target accounts at random for login, but who knows.
0 Kudos
buzzmunkey
Level 7

Re: Youtube (tv)

I thought it might have something to do with how much I use the channel (I use it extremely a lot) .. and then I thought as well on both YouTUbe and YouTube TV that if  I leave the channels by way of the exit link that that might make it stay on..  It doesn't but makes me feel like I am being nicer when I leave..  Some channels in fact most channels you can push the home buton to leave and it doesn't effect them at all..  Doing the home button is just a really quick way to gt out of one service and be ready to go to another... I have to re login to both YouTube And Youtube TV fairly regular, on the roku but have NEVER had to on my Samsung tv.. I don't know what the deal is.. Just lucky I guess..
0 Kudos