Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knskerman
Level 7

Youtube tv

Stick has repeatedly made me reregister you tube tv.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
pr627
Level 7

Re: Youtube tv

Go ahead and list model you have and the software version. That may help some of the experienced here to isolate what is going on.
0 Kudos
knskerman
Level 7

I will check when home. It is the newer stick and latest software update.
0 Kudos
Dugg
Level 7

I am also having this problem with my newest version of Roku. Every day I am having to re-register my YouTube by going to the youtube.com/activate and entering my code. It has never done that until the most recent update to the app.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Dugg" wrote:
I am also having this problem with my newest version of Roku. Every day I am having to re-register my YouTube by going to the youtube.com/activate and entering my code. It has never done that until the most recent update to the app.

Again, "newest" and "latest" aren't always good descriptors. Specify the actual model number and the software version, to include the build. 

If you went into a store and the clerk said it was the latest model, but was in fact a previous model, you'd be telling what you thought but "latest" would be inaccurate information for troubleshooting. This has happened. Specifying the model number solves this.

Likewise, you may have tried to update the software, and the screen says you're up to date, but a bug with the device or some other issue may be preventing it from updating. Again, specifying the software version and build solves this.

Exact information helps the troubleshooter and prevents a wrong solution path from being explored, helping you.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos