Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube tv will not change area to play local stations while traveling. Roku Ultra

As the title says Youtube will not change to the local area while away from home.  

I have changed the area on the YTTV app and can watch local on laptop and my Samsung note.   The ROKU Roku YTTV app still shows the home local channels.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Youtube tv will not change area to play local stations while traveling. Roku Ultra

It's a strange bug/quirk in the system. I was able to fix it by first going to Settings - Area in the YT app on Roku. Message there tells you to use the app (I used the Android app) or YT website to change your Area. The trick is to go do that WHILE THAT ROKU "AREA" MESSAGE REMAINS ON YOUR TV SCREEN. After changing your Area as instructed, the Roku Area setting will, finally, also change.

0 Kudos