Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breezin78
Level 7

Youtube transport bar keeps popping up (Roku 3, model 4200X )

Hi All,

When I watch YouTube videos the transport bar (forward/rewind) keeps popping up for no reason. It's been doing this for a few weeks now, wasn't before.

First I thought it might be the remote, but when I use my phone to navigate the problem is still there.

Has anyone seen this, fixed it? 

I've tried reinstalling youtube but no luck...

Thank you kindly,

B
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Youtube transport bar keeps popping up

"breezin78" wrote:
Hi All,

When I watch YouTube videos the transport bar (forward/rewind) keeps popping up for no reason. It's been doing this for a few weeks now, wasn't before.

First I thought it might be the remote, but when I use my phone to navigate the problem is still there.

Has anyone seen this, fixed it? 

I've tried reinstalling youtube but no luck...

Thank you kindly,

B

Which Roku? Include the model number.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
breezin78
Level 7

It's a Roku 3, model 4200X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"breezin78" wrote:

That remote has the “A” and “B” buttons, right? That’s a gaming/motion remote. As a troubleshooting step, try removing the batteries to see if it’s emitting an action, possibly movement related, that might be triggering it.

If that fails to yield results, as a troubleshooting step, cover the right (as you’re facing it) ⅓ of the device. That’s where the IR sensor is located; even though it’s a WiFi Direct remote, it still will respond to the Roku IR remotes.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
breezin78
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"breezin78" wrote:

That remote has the “A” and “B” buttons, right? That’s a gaming/motion remote. As a troubleshooting step, try removing the batteries to see if it’s emitting an action, possibly movement related, that might be triggering it.

If that fails to yield results, as a troubleshooting step, cover the right (as you’re facing it) ⅓ of the device. That’s where the IR sensor is located; even though it’s a WiFi Direct remote, it still will respond to the Roku IR remotes.

Thanks DBDukes, yes it has the A and B buttons at the bottom of the remote. I took the batteries out and tried to navigate with my phone and it appears to be doing the same thing. I have to push "up" on the remote for example, to get the video to actually show from a blank black screen. Then periodically the transport bar pops up. 

It feels like it's related to Roku or Youtube or both since the other channels on my Roku such as news channels don't have any issues.... very frustrating... I've posted for help on google but not a single reply so far, I'll be surprised if I get one
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"breezin78" wrote:
... I took the batteries out and tried to navigate with my phone and it appears to be doing the same thing. I have to push "up" on the remote for example, to get the video to actually show from a blank black screen. Then periodically the transport bar pops up. 

It feels like it's related to Roku or Youtube or both since the other channels on my Roku such as news channels don't have any issues.... very frustrating... I've posted for help on google but not a single reply so far, I'll be surprised if I get one

That is an odd one. I have a Roku 2 model 4210, which is an identical box to the Roku 3 model 4200. Really, they are the very same box, just packaged with different remotes. And, I have a Roku 3 remote that I use with the Roku 2 (4210). I would consider it an equivalent test, and I'm not experiencing the issue. I usually play YouTube catchup on the weekend, but will focus on channels I subscribe to tonight and tomorrow to see if I get the issue with extended use. For the limited use I've done this week, I've not experienced the issue. That would point to some external source there causing it (stray light causing reactions as if there was a remote press; rare, yes, but not completely unheard of), or there is an issue with that device.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
XHOSA1
Level 7

Re: Youtube transport bar keeps popping up (Roku 3, model 4200X )

I'm having the exact same issues. It's been about a month now. I have to hit the up/down arrow to remove it but it pops back up after a few seconds to minutes. I've changed batteries on the remote, I've uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube, I've rebooted my roku 3 device.... And no changes.
I also have this issue with YouTube tv. Very annoying!!!
No problems with any other channels.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"XHOSA1" wrote:
I'm having the exact same issues. It's been about a month now. I have to hit the up/down arrow to remove it but it pops back up after a few seconds to minutes. I've changed batteries on the remote, I've uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube, I've rebooted my roku 3 device.... And no changes.
I also have this issue with YouTube tv. Very annoying!!!
No problems with any other channels.

You say “uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted” but that’s the wrong order. It’s uninstall, reboot, reinstall. In that order. Any other order is wrong.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
ziggrl
Level 7

Pressing "A" on the remote worked for me.  No more popup.

0 Kudos
azinck
Level 7

I'm still having these exact same problems.  I use a Logitech Harmony Hub to communicate with my Roku via IP, not using IR.  I also have the same problems if I use my phone for control.  This is a Roku 3, 4230X.  Launching the Youtube app gives me the hourglass on gray for a few seconds, then a black screen.  I have to press up in order to get the Youtube interface to appear.  Then once I'm playing content the transport bar stays up indefinitely unless I press up in order to get rid of it...then it appears again, usually just seconds later.  I have to press up repeatedly to get rid of it until it finally, seemingly randomly, decides to stay hidden.  Heaven forbid I press pause because then I have to go through the same dance again to hide the bar when I want to resume. 

0 Kudos