Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukrkoz
Level 7

Youtube titles do not show

Have 2 Roku Express+.
Both started not showing Youtube titles. Only video screenshot. Every time I go to Home screen then back to Youtube, titles show but them slowly start not showing. After several videos were watched, they disappear and only grey squares show. Otherwise, videos stream fine. It's as simple as not knowing what they are about without title description.
Had Youtube removed and reinstalled. Rokus are up to date. Same issue. Had Rokus rebooted several times. Still does this.
First it changed layout (Recommended/Entertainment/Playlist etc) from horizontal at the top to vertical on the side, what is rather inconvenient. Then, titles under Youtube videos started not showing.
Any ideas?

Same YouTube works fine on PC and laptop. So it's something clearly Roku related.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Youtube titles do not show

Google (which owns YouTube) hasn't done the greatest job with their Roku YouTube channel. It's worthless on older boxes, but yours should be fine. But it's a Google issue, since they create the channel, not Roku.
I just started YouTube on my Sharp TV and it's working with no issues. When you removed the channel, did you reboot (unplug then plug back in) your Roku before re-installation? And since it's happening on both boxes, you would need to remove and reboot on both before re-installing.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ukrkoz
Level 7

I'll reboot. Didn't do that after reinstall.
I have smart TV with YouTube on it, it's simple convenience to use Roku. TV app is clunky.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

The reboot has to happen after you delete YouTube, and before you reinstall.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ukrkoz
Level 7

Ok. Will do.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

YouTube just pushed out a fix that should hopefully resolve the issue.  If you still have problems, try performing a manual update via the Settings menu, and if that doesn't work, delete the channel, REBOOT THE ROKU (do not skip this step), and then re-add the channel.

Let us know if you still have issues.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
ukrkoz
Level 7

I shall, thank you. BTW I tried YouTube on my Samsung smart TV and it's total disaster. App either does not load or hangs. After 6 attempts gave up.

Ok seems to be working fine. I updated Roku 20 minutes ago and just tried it.

Thank you.
0 Kudos