Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guitarguts63
Level 7

Youtube still crashing on 2yr old TCL 65 TV

I own TCL 65 4K roku TV.  For 2 years now YouTube has worked perfectly fine if I go straight to the app I can even use the android remote app and type in searches which makes it much easier since the remote that came with the set does not have voice command. Now every time I launch YouTube it will start to play and then crash back to the home screen of roku or I will launch it and it will immediately crash not playing anything back to the home screen I just uninstalled the app today seen other comments about this I have not reinstalled it.  I know that it's not you too because I have a Chrome cast connected to this same TV and it works every single time I streamed from my phone off YouTube to Chrome cast. I think what these TV's made is a way to clear their cache from app memory build up.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Youtube still crashing on 2yr old TCL 65 TV

@Guitarguts63 wrote:

I know that it's not you too because I have a Chrome cast connected to this same TV and it works every single time

Sounds reasonable but not necessarily correct.  Each platform (Roku, Chromecast, whatever) has its own version of the YouTube app created by Google (YouTube's owner) to run on that platform.  The fact that the Chromecast version doesn't have a particular problem means nothing regarding their versions for other platforms.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos