Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Youtube sound bug?

About the time the youtube channel was updated not long ago and they've added more tabs to the left side of the screen, I started to notice a hissing noise feedback when playing a video which fluctuates with more bassy parts of say a song for example. I've ruled out all of my equipment and other roku channels it only seems to occur on youtube. Before I start spending money and replacing things that I don't think need to be replaced I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this? I hope its not an isolated bug. Its definitely more noticeable if you have external speakers.
Anyway thanks for reading and lemme know if u need any further info.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Youtube sound bug?

Have you tried uninstalling the Channel and reinstalling it?

You say you have external speakers. What is your sound setup?

How are your speakers amplified?

Sometimes there can be amplifier hum or ground loops even a loose

connection can  put a signal on it.

I havnt really noticed anything but my ears are screwed up anyway.

Is it there when you run off the TV speakers?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for the reply.
I have a philips roku tv with a digital audio optical jack for auxiliary sound which i have running to my stereo. I've check all the connections and everything. And I can confirm it also occurs with the built in tv speakers by themselves. Same thing after uninstalling/reinstalling. I'm mind boggled
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

So youre sure its only with Youtube app and no other Channel.

All I can suggest is that youre are signed in to Youtube and enabled with the Web site proper.

Have you listened to Music on another Channel? To see if its there?

After that I would consider iit a Channel problem with Youtube.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Start-Here-To-Troubleshoot-Channel-Issues/m-p...

These are the kind of things that drive you nuts.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos