Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRComedy
Level 7

Youtube sign in problem on Roku Premiere

This problem started today after years of no problems. I've found that for some reason when I'm signed in to my YouTube account, the app will display thumbnails, but will go to blank screen once one is chosen. But it's not really blank...the thumbs will show up below if I push the up or down arrows...but blank screen only on main screen.

So after all the restart, remove, restart, re-add business, I found that the app functions correctly if used as guest. You may say well what's the problem then. Well it doesn't function properly and I don't have access to my subscriptions.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube sign in problem on Roku Premiere

Google has been mucking around with the security requirements for its YouTube app.  It has been reported that going through the Google Privacy Checkup options and following their suggestions will restore your ability to play YouTube videos while logged in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos