Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Youtube plays audio fine, but no video

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express (no idea which "series" -- when I bought it on Amazon it was described as just "Roku Express HD Streaming Player") that has worked fine, using WiFi, for several years with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. I just added the YouTube channel. I can navigate to stuff in it just fine, find videos and so on, see the thumbnails for them and try to play them. The audio plays just fine, but there is no video when actually playing the selected content. It's supposed to show the video, right? An idea why it's not?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: Youtube plays audio fine, but no video

Jump to solution

I have seen similar issues with other apps as well as regular TV. I unplugged the TV for a minutes, plugged it back in and everything works. In settings>setting> there is a system reset I don't know if that is the same as unplugging the TV, I have not tested that yet. With apps such as pandora, prime and earth live, they would not start up. I got the start up screen but nothing happened, no sound no video ... unplugging the TV solved this problem as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have seen similar issues with other apps as well as regular TV. I unplugged the TV for a minutes, plugged it back in and everything works. In settings>setting> there is a system reset I don't know if that is the same as unplugging the TV, I have not tested that yet. With apps such as pandora, prime and earth live, they would not start up. I got the start up screen but nothing happened, no sound no video ... unplugging the TV solved this problem as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Many thanks!

I power cycled my Roku Express and now everything seems fine. Hadn't occurred to me it could have just been the gizmo being in a bad state. Thank!

0 Kudos