Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YouTube not working at all

Jump to solution

youtube version is 2.20. not working suddenly..did factory reset...still not working

0 Kudos
mephits

Re: Channel doesn't load and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem as well. TCL Roku TV 48FS3750 running OS 10.0.0 build 4209-08 (installed 06-30-21). Attempting to launch the Youtube channel (NOT YoutubeTV!) brings up the channel icon as expected, but then crashes back to the home screen after a few seconds. No error message or other info. I've verified the OS is up to date, and removed and re-installed the Youtube channel. I've also done the weird theme-swap thing some are suggesting. Nothing fixes the problem.

Lyndee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here I tried all the fixes and possibilities 

0 Kudos

Can't get YouTube is it off or down?

Jump to solution

I have been unable to get the YouTube channel since early this afternoon.  What is going on, it was working earlier?

Lyndee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Done I followed all instructions YouTube still not loading.  I have 3 devices one in family room first floor working fine but the other 2 upstairs not loading YouTube what could be the issues? I restated the modem and did all the fixes . I tried other channels they loaded fine EXCEPT FOR  #YOUTUBE

@StreamerUser wrote:

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

To be clear, this is a workaround, not a solution (which would require a firmware update).

IT TAKES ME BACK TO HOMESCREEN

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Grrrr. Youtube just won't load.. kicks me back to home screen with no message. Only YouTube and only on my Roku stick. Model # 3700X-roku express, Serial # YUOOLN303776 (7G26CL303776), software V 10.0.0 • build 4209-28, Timestamp 2021-09-21T04:19:59Z, Issue ID 76-378-979

YouTube version 2.20 • build 93005146

4ngrydud3

Re: YouTube won’t launch on Roku

Jump to solution

Well the time has come to ditch this cheap TCL TV and Roku piece of **bleep**. HBOMax was slowwww and stopped using on this craptv until a week ago when the update came now it is fast they really fixed the problem. Now Youtube!!!! This continous update of the software without telling the user (FORCING US TO UPDATE IN ORDER TO USE OUR TV) has really got my nerve, am done with ROKU, no m3u player now, no youtube and no connection from my laptop to the TV wirelessly not even from a cellphone (android), even live tv cuts in the middle and goes back to the main menu, what is wrong with you!!!!  I now programming is though but come on!!!  You sell our viewing habbits, spy on the installed apps and cannot afford a deal with google for youtube and youtubetv.  I will use the tv as a monitor or give it away someone that has no need for a "Smart" or "Roku" powered **bleep** product.

I know you dont reply to angry customers but if someone experiences the same problems like me any advice is welcomed from the community

My device is a TCL-32S305

ROKU 5140X

OS ver:    10.0.0   compilation 4209-08

By the way the device worked fine till  3:00 pm  (today  Sept-20th)

0 Kudos
RalyDee

Roku TV: YouTube channel crashes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

09-20-2021.

I have an Insignia Roku TV model NS-32DR310NA17 and the YouTube channel/app (v 2.20 build 93005146) started to crash on start-up today. No error message, it just crashes to the home screen. I have tried ALL the recommended steps I've seen listed for similar issues short of a complete system reset. 

PLEASE get this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
Lyndee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here are my info

MODEL: 3700X-ROKU EXPRESS

SERIAL YU00MF652904

SOFTWARE VERSION: 10.0.0•BUILD 4209-26

DEVICE ID: 7G271M652904

NOT WORKING ON MY TV UPSTAIR FLOOR 

I HAVE 3 ROKU DEVICES THE ONE ONE BOTTOM FLOOR WORKING FINE AND UPLOADS YOUTUBE BUT THE ONES IN MY OFFICE UPSTAIRS DOESN'T LOAD IT TAKES ME BACK TO HOME SCREEN

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@ferez67@RoadRunner38

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering your Roku device?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@ferez67@RoadRunner38

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering your Roku device?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Lyndee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nothing is working on my end still cannot load YouTube 

0 Kudos