Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grumman
Reel Rookie

Re: You Tube Crashing Even After Reinstall

Jump to solution

Here's how I fixed it. You have to remove  apps like find 10 or 15 apps you don't use and uninstall them to bring it down to maybe like 40 installed apps.  This is to free up space. Not sure exactly why but I've seen multiple people saying that's what they did and it fixed it.

Then uninstall YouTube. Then reset the Roku, I didn't do a hard reset just restarted it. Reinstall youtube and see if that fixes it.  That's what worked for me.

Let me know if that worked

0 Kudos
fbicker
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku does not support youtube

Jump to solution

It says it's Youtube 2.20

My Roku TV is 5140X, if that helps.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@fbicker 

You didn't include the build as requested, but the version is behind mine. My Roku device has Version 2.21 build 94005087

It seems my YouTube app is a later version than yours.

Did you try the Check for updates option from the popup?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
fbicker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Youtube app is version 2.20 build 93005146

I tried doing check for updates, but it says the app is up to date.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@fbicker 

I definitely have a later version number than you have. Now I'm wondering if YouTube is rolling out updates to different devices. What is your Roku model number and software version? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
fbicker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The model number is 32S305, the software version is 10.0.0 build 4209-08

0 Kudos
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Found it to be more specific.. youtube does not work on tlc tvs with roku.   All my tlc stopped

0 Kudos
tawitt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have

1. Checked for updates on OS, none (3700X v. 10.0.0 build 4209-28) no updates available
  2. Checked for updates on Youtube, no updates available
  3. Uninstalled 2.20.9300xxxx (I didn't take notes, saw the 2.20 and just removed) based on earlier assertion there is a 2.21
  4. Restarted from System menu
  5. Reinstalled the only version available to me (2.20.93005146)

No Joy, still brings up Youtube splash then back to channel selection.

0 Kudos
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku does not suit is only my tlc thpport youtube

Jump to solution

Only tllc has issues.  3 tlc of different age ..  all 3 no youtube.   My other roku tvs or sticks work

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

Google has used model/model-range specific YT/YYTV builds for many years.

Essentially, legacy devices have a version, non-4K devices have a version/build, 4K devices have a version/build, and then the latest model has a version/build.

Eventually, the versions roll down from most recent model to 4K, and sometimes from 4K to non-4K.

But generally speaking there are those 3/4 version/build ranges at any given time

Also, YT/YTTV not opening is part of the massive ongoing app loading issue affecting low memory 512 models.

0 Kudos