Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alariegibbs
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV app won't open anymore

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D   When I click on the YouTube TV app it just goes back to the roku home screen on my tv.   I have not tried uninstalling the regular youtube app.  Is that what you are saying I should try?  I don't want to try and delete the YouTube TV app because I thought I couldn't get it back because Roku pulled it and are trying to negotiate?  I want to make sure I am understanding your directions - so if I delete regular Youtube app and reinstall it, it will make the YouTube TV app work?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@alariegibbs

Thanks for the reply.

Try running a software update on your Roku TV. You can check my post above or the solution in this thread for instructions. The issue should be resolved by now. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alariegibbs
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not working at all

Jump to solution

I also have a Sharp Roku and having the same problems as you.  I also tried all the "fixes" that were suggested.  This is very upsetting indeed.  Do let me know if you get it working again. 

0 Kudos

YouTube TV not working on Ruku

Jump to solution

Woke up this morning and found that YouTube TV won’t work on one of my Ruku devices.   Tried on the other and the YouTube TV channel ain’t even there anymore.

what’s up?   Do I need to dump Ruku and go with another streaming device, such as fire stick, etc?   

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube not working at all

Jump to solution

@alariegibbs the issue is that Google broke their app/channel. There should be a new version available if you do a manual update check. See the instructions above. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Shinobutia

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Gosh! So frustrating!!!  So I followed all the steps you have recommended and all systems are go. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have restarted the Roku

no work

i have reset the Roku completely

no work 

I have checked updates on both Roku and YouTube

no work 

I have tried to open YouTube through streaming 

no work 

all I get after clicking on YouTube icon it starts to work than pops back to Roku menu screen  

YouTube worked fine up until last night Sept 19th 2021 as of Monday the 21st no work  

please give those of us that need it another thing to try  

everything else seems to work fine  

Dasme2004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My issue with Youtube has now been resolved with the updating of the software.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Regval
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problem has not been resolved for my devices as of 9/21/21 4:38PM EST.
1. Youtube TV is not displayed in the channels that can be installed on Roku Stick as well as Roku TV.

2. Factory reset of Roku Stick, still has the same issue. The TCL Roku TV has  the same symptom.

3. Device info: ROKU STREAMING STICK: MODEL: 3810X, S/N: YH000U115191
Device ID: C13790115191
SOFTWARE VER: 10.0.0 Build 4209-50 (9/21/2021 3:29PM)

MicheleKate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Roku.  Youtube TV is up and running again today.  I ran thru all 8 steps last night and it didn't work.  This afternoon tried system update/unplug/reinstalled YT and it's working. 

0 Kudos