Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Jrod3 I always applaud out of the box thinking, so nice work. But no, those conditions would not impact how an electronic device such as a media player would work. A nearby lightning strike could cause issues, but would likely impact everything on the player.

It does appear that Roku pushed some under the covers updates (but not a full OS update) that caused memory issues for some devices. And a factory reset could absolutely clear those out. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
bdeng_99

Jump to solution

Mine is RCA Roku TV. I did all the steps you suggested, but the problem persists. It happened on September 22, right after an update because the problem (YouTube can’t launch) started right after the background changed. 

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Suppose to be a new os update coming out. I hope it fixes some problems but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
Isaac_Bar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Already reset my tv and still no luck with YouTube. Hoping it will resolve in time.

0 Kudos
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

App is fixed but communication from company is not.   They need a form of real communication and then help.  The ignore until we have to do something then do it with no communication is poor.

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the same problem! What's up with that?! Hope it's solved

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I had tired that, still nothing. Smiley Mad On "Restart," does that mean shut off TV?

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No, we mean a factory reset. It will be in settings=system=advanced system settings=factory rest. Then follow the onscreen directions. 

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Jrod3 wrote:

No, we mean a factory reset. It will be in settings=system=advanced system settings=factory rest. Then follow the onscreen directions. 

OK. But I hope it won't wreck anything. I was a little nervous 'cause with my disability - makes it hard sometimes to follow direction

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Isaac_Bar wrote:

Already reset my tv and still no luck with YouTube. Hoping it will resolve in time.

Hope so, 'cause there are series and movies on YouTube, Amazon Prime and Netflix I wanna see. Also well as Thanksgiving and Halloween specials for October.

0 Kudos