Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mp06
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use the only app available for me on my Hisense Roku TV. It does not indicate that it is YouTubeTV (I don't even have YouTube TV) so I assume it is the regular YT app.  My other Roku devices in other rooms play it fine, but not on this TV. This is the only RokuTV I have. It worked fine until last week. It just crashes on "loading..." and I've re-installed it 3 times and the TV itself is up to date (double checked this morning).

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mp06 wrote:

It just crashes on "loading..." and I've re-installed it 3 times and the TV itself is up to date (double checked this morning).

When you removed the channel, did you restart the TV? And by that, I don't mean turning it off and on. You either need to unplug it for 30 seconds, or use the System/Restart function in the menu. On your Roku TV I can't say exactly where in the menu it is. Look for restart, not reset. Those are two different things. A full reset is only used as a last resort, but at times it's necessary. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mp06
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HOLY SH*T that fixed it.

I just removed the channel.

I unplugged the tv for 2 minutes.

I plugged the tv back in.

I re-installed the YouTube App.

It works.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
cwahbah

Re: Roku TV: YouTube channel crashes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I went through all the steps you noted to allow YouTube to work on my Roku TV. It continues to just go right back to homepage. Many other apps are working. How can I fix this? Thanks Cheryl Wahbah [personal information]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cwahbah please edit your post and remove your personal information. It is extremely dangerous to post that information on public sites. Scammers look for info like that to attempt to steal from you. Click the 3 vertical dots to the right of your post and select Edit reply. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cwahbah

Thanks for the post.

Could you try removing again the channel, restart your Roku TV, then re-install it back in? Make sure that this time, you will restart your Roku device from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Zumbafit

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV - needs software update

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku TV's and 2 Roku Sticks.  YouTube work on all but I Roku TV.  When selected it attempt to download but stop immediately, it will not launch. I tried the above suggestions still not working.  this is now 4days.

0 Kudos
Zumbafit

Jump to solution

Thank you  Karizad, the problem is fixed.