Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

It didn't hurt mine a bit. I had to reenter my email and passwords, sign back into my wifi. It reinstalled everything I have accounts with as well as the ones it originally came with, but it's all working.

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Oh dear, it boggling for me. I was afraid I might have to put all the channels I have back. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you factory reset a Roku, and link it to an existing Roku user account, all channels attached to that user account will be installed automatically. You still have to enter your user credentials in channels that require them, but the channels themselves will be put back.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@atc98092 

There were two options in that section: Picture/Video and that. I still scared I might screw up. How did I link?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

When you set up a Roku, either brand new or after a factory reset, you have to link it to a Roku user account. You can't do anything with it until it's been linked. It's just one of the steps that you complete during setup. 

I don't know where you are seeing Picture/Audio. That is not within the factory reset menu, and offhand I can't think of any other menu labeled as such. 

Dan

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@atc98092

Well I did all the setup but n my haste, I forgot to link up or whatever my bluray player and DVD player Smiley Sad

atc98092

Jump to solution

I find no channel in the store labeled Shaw TV. Shaw Sports is the closest I see. But if it's a channel only available outside the US, then I wouldn't see it. I did a quick web search and I do see a Shaw company in Canada. Perhaps that's the one you're looking for. I don't see a specific Roku channel for them, but being in the US I might not be getting the best search results. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Link it in simple terms means that after a factory reset, you will be asked to sign in or create a Roku account. If you already have a Roku set up and working then you have done it in the past, when you first bought it. Just enter your email and then the password and Roku will load everything you currently have accounts with. I noticed some of the channels I have never signed up for did not get reloaded but that's ok with me.

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Total TV probably. I could be wrong but I believe Kat may speak Spanish as her main language and if so, may be easily confused when using terms that are not exactly as it is on the menu screen. Please forgive me if I'm wrong Kat

0 Kudos
longobardia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Its been a few days now its October 13th and YouTube tv app hasn't been available for days now.  

What is happening? Why is YouTube tv app not available anymore?

Thank you in anticipation for your answer.

0 Kudos