Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arbuckle

Re: YouTube not working on TCL smart tv

Jump to solution

Mine stopped working today.  Was working yesterday. I only had YouTube app alone and no YouTube TV.  So tried removing the app and re-adding, didn’t help.  Total factory reset didn’t help either.  

now I wonder what can be done?

I think it is a Roku issue.  I am running the up to date Firmware.  Amazon prime video on TCL works. On my Amazon fire stick on a different TV, YouTube also works. 

Please help if you have an idea.  The TCL TV was bought in 2015.  1080p model.  

thanks.  

0 Kudos
Lyndee
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't get YouTube is it off or down?

Jump to solution

It is not loading it takes me back to homepage 

Re: Trouble with YouTube App on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I've been dealing with this problem for 3 hours. I have tried everyone's solution. I guess I will be watching YouTube on my tiny little phone screen. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated. If anything new works I will be happy to know about it. It seems a lot of people are having this problem today so maybe it's just some glitch that they can work out. I sure hope so

0 Kudos
Luis1

Why does YouTube say loading and go back to the home screen?

Jump to solution

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Lyndee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is only on Roku express the issue?anyone knows? Did anyone fix the YouTube issue?

0 Kudos
Fen72

Jump to solution

I have TCL Roku TV and both YouTube and YouTube TV are down.  I uninstalled the YouTube app, reset the TV(Roku) and reinstalled the app.  Still doesn’t work. Not about to uninstall the YouTube tv app.  Not as simple as uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, not a solution.  System is up to date as of 5 minutes ago.

Why does YouTube say loading and go back to the home screen?

Jump to solution

#Falla#YouTub

0 Kudos
mmg45
Channel Surfer

Re: Trouble with YouTube App on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

The youtube team on twitter says they are aware of the problem and they are working to fix it.

0 Kudos
MicheleKate
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube won’t launch on Roku

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my 32" Roku TV.  I've tried every recommended fix but YT keeps crashing every time I try to launch it.  At this point I can only assume this version of Youtube V2.20 is not compatible with my Roku TV.  Will an updated version of Youtube eventually solve the issue or will I need to upgrade to a better tv with more memory?  Maybe this is Google's way of getting Roku users to switch to Google TV?

0 Kudos
MicheleKate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently the newest version of Youtube (version 2.20) is not compatible with many Roku models.

0 Kudos