Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Youtube not working on Roku TV - needs software update

Jump to solution

I am talking about YouTube app, not YouTube TV. The app is not being supported on 6 of my Roku TVs / Roku devices. Is Roku no longer working with YouTube? How can I get the channel to work?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV - needs software update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has bene resolved. We would recommend checking manually for a software update on your Roku TV.

Instructions to manually check for a software update:

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV - needs software update

Jump to solution

Looks like the App is now working again. Please disregard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
167 REPLIES 167
ferez67
Reel Rookie

Channel doesn't load and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

It seems I am NOT the only one having an issue with channels NOT loading and returning to home screen. I have done ALL suggestions and STILL YouTube doesn't load. I'm guessing roku will have to lose customers in order for it to be fixed. Issue NEEDS resolved!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Channel doesn't load and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

To be clear, this is a workaround, not a solution (which would require a firmware update).

Jump to solution

Mines doing the same thing and nothing is working 

legacyhmz

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

Same I cant load Prime or You tube on my hisense roku tv

Emma41

Streaming on Roku Ultra Interrupted

Jump to solution

When I start streaming (eg Netflix or YouTube TV) on my Roku Ultra, everything is fine, and then a minute or 2 in the streaming will abruptly stop and I’m back on the home page. I’ve tried restarting repeatedly, but cannot get tye streaming to continue for longer than a minute or two without cutting off and returning to home. 

0 Kudos

Re: Streaming on Roku Ultra Interrupted

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  I thought it was my internet service, but after talking with my service provider, it was determined that it's a problem with my Roku tv.  Does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ferez67 @RoadRunner38

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering your Roku device?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Darania
Reel Rookie

TV keeps trying to load YouTube

Jump to solution

I turn on my Roku TV after getting off work, I attempted to open YouTube and the screen goes black and back to the home menu.

Next I tried to do a manual system reset from the settings -> system -> Power menu.  Nothing changed.

Reinstalled YouTube and did an additional manual system reset and nothing worked. 

So I retired to watch Hulu, 5min or so into my show the TV randomly without prompt brings up the YouTube loading screen and then back to the main menu, closing YouTube. 

This behavior is mirrored with other apps and will even happen just sitting at the home menu. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV keeps trying to load YouTube

Jump to solution

@Darania 

Does your Roku remote have a shortcut button for YouTube or for YouTube TV?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."