Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku does not support youtube

Jump to solution

I'm watching YouTube right now on my Ultra, no issues. If you're having an issue with a channel, the first step is to remove it, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the channel. However, when you have the problem on multiple devices, I become suspicious of some other issue. What that might be, I admit I'm really at a loss why it might hit all of your devices. Any chance you are not in the US? I don't know how YouTube supports their channel in other countries. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Emilberger 

I'm watching YouTube right now. It's working for me, just as it's working for @RALF12 

So, let's try to figure this one out.

Reboot the Roku device. For a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

If that doesn't solve it, try this:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku (instructions above)
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. Gotta be that order. 

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Riceuten
Streaming Star

UK user - Youtube won't launch, neither will BBC

Jump to solution

Out of the blue, the Roku Express device (3930, Software 10.0.0 Build 4209-AE) will no longer launch Youtube and indeed doing so makes the whole device hang. There's obviously something wrong here. 

About 2 weeks ago, the BBC channels will also no longer launch on the same device; when I queried this, I was told my device "no longer supports the BBC apps" and to speak to the BBC. The BBC say that it's a Roku issue. Roku, as I said, say the device is "unsupported", despite the device appearing on a list of compatible devices. It does rather sound like one or other are winging it here. 

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times, and restarted it. Don't even go there !

My guess that, as the Express has had no update since June 2021, that Roku are no longer interested in this and presumably want me to upgrade. 

0 Kudos
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Done 3 times and nothing.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Emilberger 

Just making sure. Many people will do the reboot at a point other than between the removal and reinstallation of the app, and that doesn't accomplish the same thing. Had to check that you did 1, 2, 3 and not 2, 1, 3 or 1, 3, 2, since they won't cut it.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Aketha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku TV stopped supporting you tube as well as 95% of my channels. I am currently only able to get Netflix only. I have run through the steps 5 times

0 Kudos
Syddd

Re: You Tube Crashing Even After Reinstall

Jump to solution

I have reset my tv. I have factory reset my tv. I have uninstalled, turned off, reset, unplugged, literally everything you can think of. At this point I’m about to throw the whole thing away. Can’t do the simple task it’s meant to do and thats stream apps. Pointless!!! 

0 Kudos
fbicker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Youtube app also stopped working today. It had an update, and then when I tried to open it, it did nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the device, updating the device, as well as doing a full on factory reset. Nothing worked.

This is very frustrating and annoying as Youtube is one of the only things I watch.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@fbicker Google is responsible for the YouTube channel. Since you reported receiving an update, they obviously broke something in the channel for some devices. It works fine on my Ultra 4800, but there are many reports of issues by other users. But ultimately Google is the one that is going to have to fix it. Roku has not released any OS update recently that might cause issues with a specific channel, so it has to be channel-related. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@fbicker 

What is your YouTube app version/build? Highlight the app, hit the Options button, it's at the top of the popup.

DBDukes

0 Kudos