Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddbb
Level 7

Re: Youtube not working correctly

I've also had issues with the YouTube channel for a while now (let's say 4-6 weeks.)  No other channel has issues, only YT.  Videos begin playing but crash the app, taking us back to the home screen, after 5 - 45s.

Model number: 3100X - Roku 2 XS
Software version: 7.7.0 Build 4135-02
0 Kudos
Khc3
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Temporary work-around: Before launching the YT app, switch your display to SD instead of HD.

We're still investigating the issue.

I did this to use Youtube, and now I own have standard def (4:3 & 16:9) choices in my display settings.

This is a Roku 2 XD, no longer have HD choices.
0 Kudos
lmurphy7676
Level 7

Having the same problem, YouTube starts up then backs out to home screen.
Model: 2710x -Roku1
Serial #: 1xe3aa142771
0 Kudos

I too am having same issue with my Roku 2 happened on the 12th of Oct 2017. Just starts to load then flashes to the home screen of Roku. Please fix this issue Roku or I'm going to firestorm or chrome cast. My 2 yr old daughter loves her nursery rhymes and can't sleep without the channel on! Have a teething 4mth old as well soo have some pity on us and fix this issue so we can sleep! Pleeeeeese??

Melaniemookie
Roku 2
2720X
1RG47EO19179
SOFTWARE- 7.7.0 build 4135-06
0 Kudos
gwoodruff
Level 7

My Roku YT has been doing that like everyone elses since Oct . 13 th worked fine the night before and then started dioing the App starts to load then goes right to the home page ,I did go to SD and it works good and since it's on 4K TV the TV upscaling pushing it to HD on a DS screen better than nothng ,so thanks for the temp fix but please find the problem !  And the biggest problem I see is that Roku is not giving us any updates on the problem I wish they would keep us updates what ever the news is . I work with Roku's as a sevice rep and rep and ceritfed roku specialest as my company calls it  and always telling people how great they are cause Ilove my Roku .

gwoodruff

Roku 2
S#  1RG49D047109
SKU# 2720R
Lot # 201409
2720XSOFTWARE- 7.7.0 build 4135-06
0 Kudos
34yankee
Level 7

I have 3 ROKU 2 units. Was away for 2 weeks, ret. on Oct 14, 2017 to find all three units working on all channels except YouTube. Select YouTube, screen goes to grey bkrnd, red cirlcle with white pointing triangle, white YouTube lettering; then goes to grey with house, gear etc on left margin, then back to ROKU home. Have updated, manual reset, unplug and reboot, update and all the usual stuff. Once the screen got to the clip selection without any titles or pictures in the white boxes but then went to ROKU home almost immediately.
Ser #1RG4CD001864; # 1RE419023128; #1RG4CS005106 - - ALL 3 are MODEL 2720x
0 Kudos
foley714
Level 7

Same issue - You Tube loads for about one second, then goes back to home screen.  Tried resetting, no results.

Roku 2, Model 2720X, Ser # 1RG4AD063740
0 Kudos
unrealplayer
Level 7

I am also having same issue.
Roku2 Model 2710X
Serial: 1XK57V089225
Youtube channel doesn' t seem to be working in HD display mode.
If i switch my display type to standard: 4:3 ..screen flickers every few seconds but Youtube app seems to work.
However, if i set my display type back to HD 720p or 1080p .. YouTube is initiated, YouTube logo is displayed, The yourtuve home (video) page starts to load, i can see the text and frame being loaded but no video/picture and then the app crashes and I am back to Home screen.

Is there an ETA for fix?

Thanks,
Nik
0 Kudos
trampart
Level 7

Reset did not work for me. Youtube tries to connect then reverts back to home screen. Been going on since last week when Youtube was off the air. 
0 Kudos
34yankee
Level 7

See yesterday's post - I have 3 ROKU 2 that were not working with YouTube. I tried everything as mentioned in earlier post to no avail. I have three computers that were working with YouTube, 2 phones (Android and iphone) which worked fine; everything but the R\OKU's. Give up on workarounds as none made any difference. I tried one more time last night and somehow everything works. Someone at YouTube or ??? must have found a fix, at least for my devices. Hope everyone got the same results.
0 Kudos