Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ned37
Level 7

Re: Youtube not working correctly

reboot works for me too.  thanks
“Bottom line, I’m more disturbed than I was before”
0 Kudos
Hanna17
Level 7

Hi, 

We too are facing the same issue from past 2 days. When the YouTube app is clicked it opens a grey page with YouTube symbol and then comes the YouTube videos page and before we could see or click on any of the video it just closes automatically and returns back to home page.
Please resolve the issue for us soon.

Thanks,
Hanna
0 Kudos
Debra_C
Level 7

My youtube app won't load. Everytime I click on it it backs out to the home page. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, restarting the roku.
My Roku model is Roku 1 and serial number is 1XJ644104200
0 Kudos
richxxiii
Level 7

I am having the same problem with the YouTube app.
I have uninstalled the app several times, rebooted, hard rebooted my Roku 1many times, checked for updates (it's up-to-date), etc., but to no avail.
The app loads, starts to load my home screen, then crashes and goes to the Roku home screen.
I notice the YouTube splash page looks different upon reinstalling it. Maybe YouTube updated the app and it's buggy on Roku?

Any help would be appreciated. I probably use the YouTube app more than any of my premium channels. I'm lost without it.

model 2710X
Serial 1XJ571090821 
0 Kudos
bjmcc2017
Level 7

Model # GR5RS0
4100000051  roku 2
having same problem ...you Tube will not work.
0 Kudos
bjmcc2017
Level 7

Model # may be 6R5RS0
0 Kudos

YouTube not working, Roku 2 serial no. 1RE41X031935
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Temporary work-around: Before launching the YT app, switch your display to SD instead of HD.

We're still investigating the issue.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
rpace261
Level 7

I have a Roku LT and yesterday I notice the YouTube app not working. It loads to the first YouTube screen but then goes back to the Roku home screen. 

If I try to move the selection on YouTube it just goes back to the Roku home screen. I deleted the channel, rebooted both router and Roku and re-added YouTube channel but no change. 

I also checked my internet settings and they are fine. All of the other apps I use are working as usual. 

Change your settings to SD before launching the YT app Changing Roku settings to SD before launching the YouTube app seem to sort of fit problem so you can which YouTube some-way.

Roku LT
SN - 16A19A003875
Roku Ver. 7.7.0
0 Kudos
jimif79
Level 7

NE OHIO - Warren, OH
ROKU 2710X
Serial #1XJ56H007641
0 Kudos