Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohnkern
Level 9

Youtube not loading

For the past couple of days, every so often when I try to open YouTube or YouTube tv it sits for a second and then says there is not enough space on the device.   Then later it works fine.   I removed a bunch of channels and it’s still doing it,   Is anyone else having this issue?  It feels a lot like the Amazon ‘prime issue a few weeks back.

I’m on a tcl smart TV.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
crgin
Level 7

Re: Youtube not loading

I'm having the same issue except YT doesn't load AT ALL anymore. It counts down to 100% loaded, then does nothing. When I press 'Home' it freezes up. I have to unplug Roku to hard restart. I've deleted the channel, restarted Roku system, then reinstalled and it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mohnkern @crgin 

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Youtube directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the [specific channel] channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Monitor1
Level 7

Not helpful.  I’ve had the same problem and Youtube help says it must be a Roku issue since every channel gives the same response, “not enough space”.  Not sure where to go now.....

0 Kudos
davidg1
Level 7

I have the same issue...

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Monitor1,

Thanks for the note.

Try to do a manual update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Reboot your Roku device and try again the channel.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
crgin
Level 7

I've tried that as well as removing YT, updating Roku, reinstalling YT channel, and it still won't load. It gets up to 100% and then the system freezes. The only thing to do at that point is to unplug Roku device to force a reboot.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @crgin,

Thanks for the note.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
crgin
Level 7

First it was YouTube and now Amazon Prime is doing the same thing. I've removed the channel, did a system restart, and put the channel back on. It will not play anything.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@crgin

Thanks for the post.

We believe this issue regarding Amazon Prime has been resolved. Please try updating the channel by navigating to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates, and then seeing if this resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos