Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docorange6
Level 7

Youtube link with tv code every time?

Just updated my phone to iOS 14 and now every time I cast from youtube app on my phone to my roku, I'm required to link with a code. This is annoying...I'm signed in to youtube on both devices, isn't there a way to permanently trust the device or something so I don't have to do this every time?

4 REPLIES 4\
lkjones309
Level 7

Re: Youtube link with tv code every time?

I see you never got an answer. This just started for me (iPhone) and my husband (Samsung) too about a week ago. I have never had this problem before, and yours is the only post I can find in a search that even asks about it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @lkjones309,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
lkjones309
Level 7

I have the same issue: logged into my Youtube account on the channel on my Insignia Roku TV, but still have to use link with tv code every time.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@lkjones309

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos