Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube kicks me off every 4 or so hours at random

Jump to solution

So Recently I've been having this problem with my Roku TV going back to the home screen after a certain amount of hours on Youtube, and other apps but I'm mostly on youtube. I like to put on music in the background as mindless noise. Well ever since I've been doing this, I've been kicked back to the home screen every 4 or so hours, and sometimes it won't happen at all. It's starting to really upset me cause I'm jamming out to music and then I'm kicked back to the home screen and eventually my tv turns off without me noticing. Is there any way at all to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Youtube kicks me off every 4 or so hours at random

Jump to solution

Roku added a feature that checks every 4 hours for an active user, and if no remote button is pressed it will stop playback. This is to stop Internet usage when no one is using it, which is extremely important for people with data limits. This function is called Bandwidth Saver, and can be disabled in the Settings/Network menu.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Youtube kicks me off every 4 or so hours at random

Jump to solution

Roku added a feature that checks every 4 hours for an active user, and if no remote button is pressed it will stop playback. This is to stop Internet usage when no one is using it, which is extremely important for people with data limits. This function is called Bandwidth Saver, and can be disabled in the Settings/Network menu.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post