Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imelliott

Youtube error message "No internet connection"

Jump to solution

I thought I posted this earlier but I guess it didn't go through. (: love that for me

anyway, I'm trying to watch YouTube on my brand-new Roku, using my brand-new fast WiFi. I literally installed all of this... last week.

but it keeps cutting out, saying "No internet connection". I've tried restarting the Roku, signing in and out of YouTube, looked for updates but there weren't any. and I know I have full WiFi power rn because my laptop has 5 bars and so does my phone. I'm literally right next to the router.

every time I get the error message, it gives me the option to refresh, and I do. I go back to the video I was watching and it lasts a few minutes before erroring out again.

I can't find anything about this, what do I do? 😞 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube error message "No internet connection"

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue was resolved by the YouTube channel provider.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Youtube error message "No internet connection"

Jump to solution

YouTube is currently having issues. It’s not Roku. Do your other channels work?

https://downdetector.com/status/youtube/

0 Kudos
imelliott

Re: the wifi issue that doesn't exist?

Jump to solution

oh yeah, I found your thread too I think. I guess it could just be YouTube, cause I also have the no sidebar thing going on, just with the added "no connection" error. weird

0 Kudos
HollyReeC

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I tried uninstalling YouTube and reinstalling the app, and now it doesn't even give me an option to sign in to YouTube from roku. There are no options at all, just the default garbage that shows up on the main page when you don't have an account. There is no search function, no favorites, history, subscriptions, no options, no sign in.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HollyReeC  this has nothing to do with Roku.. If you read the link I posted YouTube is having serious down issues right now

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the YouTube channel is currently experiencing issues that is impacting all streaming devices.

We have already reached out to YouTube to notify them of the issue that is affecting Roku users.

We appreciate your patience while YouTube works to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue was resolved by the YouTube channel provider.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator