Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuckh1958
Reel Rookie

Youtube channel keeps signing out

On my roku express 4k the youtube channel keeps signing me out. I sign in. It works for that session. I turn off the TV and come back the next day and I am signed out again. Sometimes it happens several times a day. This only happens on this one roku device. My other device (Roku II) works fine. How can I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube channel keeps signing out

I've never encountered that, so it's something specific to that specific player. The first step to try with channel issues is to remove the channel from the device, reboot the device (critical step, don't skip), then install the channel again. You will need to log in again of course, but hopefully that will resolve your issue. 

Before you remove the channel, power off your other Roku players so they don't uninstall the channel. Once you've added the channel back into the Express 4K, you can turn them back on. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

How are you powering the Roku? Through the supplied usb power adapter or tv usb port? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jpauley1

I'm having this issue as well. It seems to sign me out every time after I cast to YouTube from my Android phone which is also signed into the same YouTube account. I have no issues casting.

Roku model: 4670RW

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-46

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jpauley1

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
natestar

It seems to be a YouTube app issue with a recent update. My Roku just started doing this and it is so frustrating