Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wmutschler
Level 7

Youtube - channel did not launch error

For the past couple of days,  youtube app will not launch.  The error returned is " channel did not launch.  Try again later "  I have already tried removing app, rebooting roku and re install app.... this did not work. Any help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Michelle3
Level 12

Re: Youtube - channel did not launch error

YouTube needs to stop creating issues! The issue I had on YouTube were 4:3 videos. When I set my roku to 4:3 standard via Settings > Display type, they were pillarboxed and squished vertically at left and right sides for some reason, and there appears to be no way to fix that issue.

~Jordan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtube - channel did not launch error

@Wmutschler 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Youtube directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Youtube channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos