Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube app quits to home screen after 3 min

Youtube app dumps me back at the home screen after exactly three minutes of playing every time. I've restarted the device, checked my wifi, and removed and re-installed the app. Still, exactly three minutes of youtube and then back to the home screen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtube app quits to home screen after 3 min

@goosenbiz 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? Is this issue happening on any other channel or is it just happening when using Youtube? How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Youtube app quits to home screen after 3 min

I was having the same issue, and I think that this is what finally solved my problem:

1. Drain the power of the TV. 
    a. Turn the TV off and unplug it from the power outlet.
    b. Unplug all external devices from the TV.
    c. Press and hold the manual power button of the TV  for 15 seconds.
    d. Plug the TV back to the outlet.
2. Perform a System Restart. 
    a. Go to Settings. 
    b. Select System. 
    c. Select Power. 
    d. Select System Restart.

I can't say for sure that this is what fixed my problem, but I had already tried changing the HDMI cable, factory reset, etc.

I found this on another forum thread. I hope that it helps!

0 Kudos