Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube app no longer has history, subscriptions or favorites?

@freddyfreeloade moving to a Chromecast won't make any difference. This isn't a Roku issue. Google has changed the channel/app on Roku and other devices. You need to complain to Google. They are the owner of YouTube and provide the channel on Rokus and the apps for other devices. 

Here's a link to the Google support page. I have no idea how much digging will need to be done to find a way to actually contact them. But this is where to start. https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
pondguy1
Reel Rookie

I just logged back into Roku/Youtube and all the tabs seem to have returned.

0 Kudos
ZioGio

0 Kudos
freddyfreeloade
Reel Rookie

Fixed!

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Apparently, it has not been fixed.

A few hours ago, the YouTube channel was working fine.  It 'knew' what types of videos I wanted to watch, and had my favorites saved in search history.

I just opened it up again a few minutes ago, and it's ALL gone.  The videos being displayed are what they want to push, and nothing like what I've been watching for months.  All of my saved searches are gone.

Is there any such thing as a way to get it back, or is this just the usual YouTube "we know what we're doing, just live with it" problem?

And is here really a way to tell them about a problem? I've looked at the two links posted here, but don't see any real information.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@BartZLederman wrote:

Is there any such thing as a way to get it back, or is this just the usual YouTube "we know what we're doing, just live with it" problem?

It's completely under the control of Google. And for reasons only known to them, they don't appear to put a great deal of effort into their channels/apps on Roku devices. They make sure they work, but that's about it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos