Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forrest

Youtube app no longer has history, subscriptions or favorites?

I just saw that the new version no longer shows history, subscriptions or favorites, or at least I'm not seeing them like before.  Kinda kills my interest in using it, as I often check my subscriptions or previously saved favorites.  Also, if you stop a show partway through, now you have to search it again, rather than pull up from history.

Am I missing something here?  Maybe an easy way to access these?  Hoping so since this is a major letdown.

15 REPLIES 15
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube app no longer has history, subscriptions or favorites?

I'm looking at YouTube on my Premiere right now. I see Subscriptions listed in the left grid. Under Library, you will find your History, Watch Later, and other items. I think what you're looking for is all there. 

As shown on the home page when I hit the * button, it's version 1.0, build 93000138. The build number might vary by Roku device model.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Duke50

Mine disappeared too, tried reset and unplugging nothing helps

Green18

Same issue here. Tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling, also tried to factory reset and nothing that’s helped 

Tookerken
Reel Rookie

I am running Roku Tv: 7108X - TCL Model 55C803 - Software 9.4.0 build 4210-30 - Uptime 2h10m (due to reset for app)

Same, Woke up to see no more tabs on the right below Music. I have in order top to bottom

My Name

Search

Home

Gaming

News

Music

(A huge gap where the other used to be)

Settings

On my partners account she has all the items in the list as usual.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reset the TV.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

This all sounds like Google has/is making significant changes to the channel. We have heard that they are dropping the Google Movies app/channel and merging the function into the YouTube app/channel. It sounds like some users have received a new version of the channel that is lacking some functionality. At least on the one device I checked this morning, I still have all of that within my channel.

For those that are missing some of that data, make sure the channel is still logged into your Google account. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a channel/app lose its login credentials when an app was updated. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

Just a note that somebody on the Comcast X1 forums noted the same issues. So it's definitely not a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
ZioGio

On my Roku TV (web_20210414_10_RC00) I signed out and the missing icons returned on the Guest account.  When I signed back in, the icons were missing again.  

0 Kudos
pondguy1
Reel Rookie

Has anyone figured out how to notify Google of this?  Went to the youtube site and it's a mess.  Seems like another case of it isn't broke so let's fix it.  Companies keep making changes just for the **bleep** of it to "improve our user experience" and they only make us mad without adding any functionality and rather than improving our experience, just make it worse.  Or in this case, REMOVING useful functionality.

0 Kudos
freddyfreeloade
Reel Rookie

Same here. I have to use the YouTube app on my android phone to find my subscriptions and liked videos, then cast them to the YouTube app on Roku. If this doesn't get fixed I may buy a Chromecast.

0 Kudos