Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nolagal41
Level 7

Youtube app issues

Youtune app has been giving me issues on roku device for awhile now. New issue is "there's not enough space to load. Please remove some channels." I have removed some and am still receiving this error. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Seabeecm27
Level 8

Re: Youtube app issues

**bleep**ing Ruko removed it over a dispute with youtube. Made the app unusable.  So now i cant use my paid service.  

0 Kudos
RainCountry
Level 7

My Youtube streams on my laptop, but won't open via Roku on my TV - last two days.  I was wondering if there is some kind of contract dispute, does anyone know for sure?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Nolagal41
Level 7

Yeh that's what I'm wondering too. Before this, the YouTube app just wasn't loading.. I would have to reinstall the youtune app just to get it to load and open up. 

0 Kudos
Nolagal41
Level 7

Yeh. This suks😒 I might need to exploring other options if they start canceling other streaming services. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Before you try anything else, try checking for updates under Settings->System->System updates.  Several people have reported that it fixed their problem.

Youtube not opening and/or the "not enough space" message is a completely different issue than the YoutubeTV debacle.  There's lots and lots of people reporting the "not enough space" problem and it predated YoutubeTV getting pulled.  You can try removing both Youtube and YoutubeTV, rebooting/restarting your Roku (don't skip), and adding Youtube again or try the "clear the cache" routine - Press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and Fast Forward (>>) twice.  Your Roku will reboot on its own if you do it properly.

Note that if you remove YoutubeTV you won't be able to get it back, but it will be available in the regular Youtube channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nolagal41
Level 7

Ok I'll try that. What I was saying is that I have been having issues with YouTube app for awhile as far as YouTube not loading at all. I used to just install then reinstall and then I could watch my videos. This specific issue just started this morning literally after I had just looked at a video on the app. When I went back on the app, that message came up. If the rebooting steps don't work, I will just use the smart view from my phone. Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@Nolagal41 wrote:

Ok I'll try that. What I was saying is that I have been having issues with YouTube app for awhile as far as YouTube not loading at all. I used to just install then reinstall and then I could watch my videos. This specific issue just started this morning literally after I had just looked at a video on the app. When I went back on the app, that message came up. If the rebooting steps don't work, I will just use the smart view from my phone. Thanks for the info!

Try:

1) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

2) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

3) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

4) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos