Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cameronc26

Youtube app getting "The channel did not launch, please try again later."

Youtube app is getting "The channel did not launch, please try again later" message on my smart TV now. This just started happening today out of the blue, watched youtube fine earlier, then powered it off and came back to this. I have tried all basic troubleshooting: Full unplug power cycle, reset system, uninstall app, reinstall app, and have now just factory reset, still will not launch. Anyone else encountering this?

Roku TV: 7127X

Model: 49S405

Serial: YN00T6185178

Software: 10.5.0

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube app getting "The channel did not launch, please try again later."

Hi @Cameronc26,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and letting us know what you've done to try to resolve the issue.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

Just to verify, as you mentioned you uninstall the Youtube channel. Do you restart your Roku device after removing the channel the adding the channel back?

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sleestax
Reel Rookie

The YouTube TV app on my two 4800R Ultras are having the same problem all of a sudden. YouTube TV worked fine, then this morning when I tried to start it I get the same "The channel did not launch, please try again later." error. I also performed all the steps in the supposed help guides (restart did not work, Roku firmware was already up to date, removed app - reboot - reinstall app, etc...). Nothing works. I just get the error message and it is only affecting the Youtube TV app, all other streaming apps on the Ultra are working fine. YouTube TV is also working fine on all other devices in the house. This problem is completely isolated  to the Roku and I hope we don't get some baloney generic response from the Roku support person about it.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Again, none of the instructions in any of the online "help guides" worked to resolve it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sleestax

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos