Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathurin68
Level 7

Youtube and playback speed, working on one...

Jump to solution

I have a roku in my bedroom

3920X - Roku Premiere

This one CAN control the speed in youtube.

I have another one

3900X - Roku Express

This one CANNOT

So... everything over 3920 can control the youtube speed?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtube and playback speed, working on one...

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Jump to solution

@mathurin68 wrote:

So... everything over 3920 can control the youtube speed?

Not necessarily. The higher the number doesn't necessarily mean better features.

For example, my 3810 can control speed. The Streaming Stick+ (3810) is a superior device to the Express (3900) and the Premiere (3920).

So, many times the higher the better, but certainly not always.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 11

Jump to solution

DB Dukes:

I have a 4660, s/w version 9.4.0-4210-46 and the YouTube channel I have shows Version 1.0 build 93000138 (when pressing the * button). After entering the YouTube channel, the YouTube App version is web_20210505_10_RC02.

That same app version shows on other Roku models, like the 3810, and the 3920, and shows on the YouTube LG TV app. On all of these the YouTube channel offers Playback Speed options.

But, on the 4660, as I described above, THERE IS NO PLAYBACK OPTION, even though it is the same App version web_20210505_10_RC02.

For anyone that has the 4660, and the YouTube channel loaded on it, please check and verify back here if you have the playback speed option or not, on your 4660 YouTube channel. That would be a great help.

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos