Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ughjeanri
Level 7

Youtube Update is Broken

My TCL roku updated the YouTube app today. First problem is that when I start watching any video the quality is automatically at the lowest standard. So i have to go to the video settings and change it to the highest quality. Notly do i have to do this with every video, The video then constantly buffers. I have to pause the video for a while just to watch a small portion of the video. I have reset the app and my roku and neither have helped. any tips would be helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Youtube Update is Broken

My Sharp also received this update, and I'm watching something right now with no resolution issues. What I am watching at the moment is 720 (still, it's streaming at 35 Mbps). I did load a 4K HDR video and noticed it took a little longer than normal to spool up to full 2160, but I didn't need to switch any settings. Just stopped that video and loaded another 4K HDR and it went immediately to 2160, running about 30 Mbps and slowly ramping higher.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos