Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonya_G
Roku Guru

Re: Youtube: This channel did not launch please try again later.

Jump to solution

Did you reset your Roku to factory settings like I stated I did? I've had no problems with YouTube since. It's been almost 2 weeks now.

0 Kudos
eland1021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too have the issue with the Youtube channel and Roku Ultra. Doing a factory reset and removing channels does not fix the issue for me. I have two Ultras using the same Roku account and the other one works just fine with the Youtube channel. Very frustrating.

Tonya_G
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Did you check for updates? - Settings, then System, then System update.

My YouTube on my Roku Ultra messed up right after I installed the 10.5 update. And, I tried uninstalling YouTube, then restarting my Roku, and then reinstalling YouTube several times and it never fixed it. Once I went into Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset on the Roku and let it do it's thing, it worked afterwards and I still had the 10.5 Software Version installed. But, just this morning, I checked for updates and it downgraded back to 10.0.0 and YouTube is still working OK.

0 Kudos
eland1021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a reset to factory settings a 2nd time and this time Youtube started to work w/o having to restart the Roku. The next morning I checked my Roku version and it was 10.5. Then did a manual update check and it reverted to 10.0. Youtube still working.

WoodPixie

Jump to solution

I suffer same issues and after following every suggestion (here) of a solution, the message still appears.  No amount of deleting, reinstalling channel, or order of resetting Roku provided a fix.  This issue first started when my wife was going to add an unrelated channel, but then decided not to and hit home key on Roku remote instead of first hitting cancel prompt to cancel channel add.  Since then, YouTube channel has been unable.  So, it must be Roku/Youtube relationship issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WoodPixie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide an image of what you are seeing on screen? When removing the channel, did you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JLLH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue on both of my TV's with Roku. One is the Roku ultra and the other is the premier and YouTube will not launch at all; its been 2 weeks on 1 tv. I keep uninstalling YouTube and then adding it, resetting the Roku ... Nothing works, but I haven't tried the factory reset. We've had the premier Roku less than a week and nothing but problems.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MarkRidesHD,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the playback issue you are experiencing with the Youtube channel.

We recommend trying to remove the channel once again, then update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mamthor

Jump to solution

Dear Mary,

I'm now having the same problem with my Roku Ultra

4800x

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-c2

I've followed the advice above: remove YouTube, be sure system is updated, reset Roku, reinstall YouTube, and I'm still getting the error message, "This channel did not launch, please try again later."

Thanks for any new suggestions that you may have.

Best,

Matt

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Por q no puedo ver YouTube en mi television

0 Kudos