Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steved
Level 7

Youtube TV

Is anyone else having issues with YouTube TV on Roku?  I can only get a low resolution picture and the connection speed oscillates between 0.6Mbps and 4Mbps.  This is over a 150Mbps internet connection

The same issue occurs on my Roku Express, Streaming Stick+ and Ultra,  regardless of whether the Roku is connected over wireless or wired connection. Netflix works fine on all of these and shows more than 50Mbps on its speed test.  YTTV works fine on my computer and gets a 40Mbps connection speed.

Only thing I can think is that there is a problem with the Roku app.

YTTV support is supposed to be looking at issue but I haven't heard anything back
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: Youtube TV

Yes, I've had problems with YouTube tv randomly exiting the app and going back to the Roku Home screen and low resolution when first staring the app, although my resolution clears up after 30-60 seconds (which is normal behavior for some apps, I've just never seen it before on youtube tv). I think I saw on another thread that a recent YouTube tv update caused the problems and that they rolled it back so a manual update of your Roku should fix it, but I haven't seen any updates available when checking and the problems remain.

edit - here's that thread
0 Kudos
steved
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV

Thanks. I don't see any updates either.  I posted on the other thread to see if RokuShawn could post the app version number that we should have
0 Kudos