Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Icedcorn
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV Streaming Quality

I just bought a 2019 Ultra and running YTTV version 1.0 build 91000019 and get horrible issues. 

works fine when I force display to 4K 60hz (HDR off)

HDR on at any resolution screws it up.

is this a Roku issue or an app issue? Figured with the brand new 2019 device it would have been fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
catnap64
Level 7

We have the Express+ and were having a lot of trouble with choppy, out of sync playback. Long story short, ended up reducing the streaming speed to 480 and it is 100% better. The setting seems to hold on any channel we put on too, so much happier!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cpermd
Level 7

I have 3 TCL TVs here at the house w Roku. One of them started buffering w YouTube TV only this week. Works with all other providers. Not finding anywhere to change driver or bit rate.  Where is display type and autodetect located?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
catnap64
Level 7

Hi cpermd- On our Roku Express+, I found it by pausing show I am on and underneath the show title and progress bar, there are a bunch of settings and info to choose from
Use your remote arrow keys to get to the 3 dots all the way to the left, open that and you will see 4 choices. One of them is for "video quality" and you can try different speeds to see which works the best!
Highlighted
danramzi
Level 9

TCL TV does not have display options in the setting. This setting only available on Roku streaming devices. The solution is press ok or pause and go to the 3 dots to select 1080

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rob1sonjr
Level 8

I have playback issues of buffering or grainy video, at least once or twice, just about every day.  I have a Roku ultra, and ATT fiber with the 300MB service.  Per the thread recommendation, I changed the video quality from Auto to 1080p, and will see if that helps.  However as others have stated, i do not have buffer issues using Netflix, or other Roku channels.

I have started pausing playback, going to the 3 dots, send feedback, video is freezing and buffering.   Maybe if enough people provide negative feedback, they will fix the software.

Highlighted
jayvee53
Level 7

I have found that even those channels that are displayed at 1080 don't seem to have the clarity I see on Spectrum.  Anyone else agree??

Highlighted
Bgrose
Level 7

I have Roku Express and am having the same issues—maximum video quality is 720p. And the picture is a big downgradfrom similar streaming services, such as Spectrum, Netflix, etc. which all utilize 1080p.

I’ve contacted youtube and they’ve been great—very responsive in trying to isolate the issue. But so far, they can’t seem to solve it either.

BTW, this is only with Roku. The youtube tv app works great with Apple TV, where most live channels easily permit 1080p video quality (and it’s a big difference).

Highlighted
Scott_C
Level 9

I just started a free trial of the YouTube-TV app on my new Roku Ultra this evening. Picture quality is really quite bad, compared to OTA and even my Xfinity cable box. Seems like the video stream is highly compressed with YTTV.

Picture has blocky artifacts that are especially noticeable, jittering-around on the more solid-colored background walls in program scenes. I've tried setting everything to 720p and 1080P. Nothing seems to fix it.

I'm not going to be able to cut cable, if this is what it's going to look like. It's very distracting, and at times even hard to watch, compared to my cable box.

0 Kudos