Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baddceo
Level 10

Youtube TV Premium 4K Subscription not streaming 4K through Roku Ultra 4K Device

I just upgraded to the premium 4K streaming feature with YoutubeTV.  The US Open is streaming in 4K yet my Roku with the most recent update will not display the content in 4K.  It actually dumbs it down to 720p.  I have confirmed it is the Roku device because if I load the YoutubeTV app from my Vizio Smart Cast it streams the content in 4K just fine.  All of my settings are set for this type of content so I am not sure why Roku is not passing it through.

Please advise

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube TV Premium 4K Subscription not streaming 4K through Roku Ultra 4K Device

Make sure you are selecting the 4K NBC Sports channel (must have blue 4K tag), have sufficient bandwidth (its using 82Mbps for wired connections - thats the entire 100Mbps connection w/overhead), and manually configure your resolution to 2160p60 (HDR if that applies) by pressing down twice, select HD, select 2160p60.

Make sure Settings/Display type=4K HDR TV or 4K TV

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos