Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djhaase
Level 7

Youtube TV Pause Question

Jump to solution

I am using the FREE Roku Youtube TV channel.  Whenever I pause a video, half the screen fills up with the title of the program and other info.  Then when I start the program again, that half-screen remains for several seconds.  I am usually pausing to look at a detail on the image, but, of course can't because of the half-screen pause thing Youtube throws up there.

So my question is whether there are settings I can change to have it just freeze the picture instead of what it is doing?  If there is, I have not found it yet.

Again, this is the FREE Youtube TV channel, not a paid channel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DandyDon
Level 8

Re: Youtube TV Pause Question

Jump to solution

when paused, hit the "up arrow" and the bottom of the screen will go away

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DandyDon
Level 8

Jump to solution

when paused, hit the "up arrow" and the bottom of the screen will go away

View solution in original post

djhaase
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much!  That was super annoying.  Not anymore!

0 Kudos
BobR2
Level 8

Jump to solution

The **bleep** of this for me is that when you resume after pausing, the screen goes back to being obscured and stays that way for up to 7 seconds -- about enough time to miss an entire football play, and AFAK, there's nothing you can do about it, so you'll miss whatever is happening on the screen during that period. This may depend on the speed of your internet connection and what hardware you're using. I'm on a Roku.

0 Kudos